Saturday, January 9, 2010

And that's all

There are no lines that I can write
When there's nothing left to say
When clouds are hanging in the night
And they disappear by the day

There is no song that I can sing
When the words have all gone dry
And all the notes have lost their ring
Like a wolf's anguished cry

There is no pain that I can feel
When my heart is good as dead
And I can't feign smiles like they're real
I'd rather cry instead

But there are these eyes that will betray
All the memories that I hid away

9 comments:

Opaque said...

Beautiful! I am tempted to write that this is one of them finest piece I've read here at this spot.

The ending, in particular, is fantastic! Eyes ever lie!

BloggerMouth said...

That's a compliment! Thanks :)

Kriti said...

Brilliant indeed! Wonderfully done!

Stranger In Transit said...

Loved the flow ... You sure gotta knack for the right rhyme scheme :)

Tripthi Battapadi said...

But there are these eyes that will betray
All the memories that I hid away


Loved it..:)

BloggerMouth said...

Creation, nice to see you around here, thanks!
Stranger - Thanks :) Welcome.
Blue - Thank you!

Gymnast said...

Hey swati ,

of course the eyes betray.

But only to the people who care enough to look into their depths.

You words are from the heart and i can feel it. They are genuine.

Beautiful.

aditya said...

heyy .. that was nice.

M said...

Sweet, sweet, indeed.